I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas AdamsThat's one of my favorite quotes. As a chronic procrastinating Virgo who thrives off the pressure of looming deadlines, I can relate. Still, I typically meet my deadline as the seconds tick down to the hour.
Of course, I also don't usually have quite so many deadlines to meet at the same general time. To wit:
- 6 Momtastic posts (12 to play it safe)
- 3 WoE posts
- 1 photo shoot for new profile picture
- 1 review for a major national brand
- 1 almost 12 hour day shooting footage for said brand (more on that later)
- 1 birthday party for a four year old princess who wants a trip to Hawaii as her birthday theme, which means time to stuff goodie bags, top cupcakes, learn to hula, and fill the swimming pools
- 3 suitcases to pack for a cross country, week long visit with the wonderful Cam
- 1 5K-10K short story for an anthology I was invited to participate in that will be released in October
- 50 lbs of apples dropping from my tree and needing to be processed right now
- 20 cups of basil going crazy in my yard and needing to be turned into pesto and frozen right now
- 6 zucchini needing to be baked, pickled, or frittered
Yes. All of the above were due in the same seven day span. The same seven day span that included 40 hours of work, two kids and all the madness associated therewith such as, you know, feeding them, and a drive to LA and back.
So far, I'm frantically working my way through the list, but have already let one deadline pass. The deadline for the short story. I begged for and received an extension, but it's still due very, very soon.
What does all this mean?
It means I'm sitting in my pajamas at noon with a hot pot of tea to my right and FB turned off. It means I'm frantically trying to find my muse - she wandered off last weekend sometime - while steaming and dehydrating apples.
It means I'm a wee bit stressed.
I haven't even had time for the Doctor.
I know! Shock and horror.
It also means that I'm accepting gifts of wine and chocolate.
But not bacon, because on top of all the above, my big freezer went out last night and I've had to add cooking four pounds of bacon, six chicken breasts, and four salmon fillets to my list o' things to do today.