Isn't it adorable?
And, of course, I needed to cook in it, but with more kids than car seats, I had to use what I had on hand. What I ended up with was so amazing, so delicious, the kids shoveled into their mouths using spoons and their hands.
I give you (courtesy Google Translate)
Coq au Vin et le Saucisson
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, smashed
2 c. red wine
1 quart tomato sauce
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp oregano
1 Andouille sausage sliced and halved
2 chicken breasts, cut into two or three inch squares
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 350.
1. In your gorgeous enameled Dutch oven, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic and onion until the onion begins to brown. Add herbs.
2. Add wine. Let it bubble and boil until it reduces by half.
3. Add sauce. I used a homemade sauce which included basil and garlic. What you're looking for is less marinara and more seasoned tomato sauce.
4. Add chicken and sausage, covering it with the sauce.
5. Cover and place in oven for 1.5 hours.
6. Serve over rice.
7. Prepare to be worshiped.