Obviously, grilled or baked would have been delicious, but I wanted something the kids would eat.
So I went to Pinterest and found a recipe.
And because it's an established fact that I can't follow a recipe to save my life, I gave it my own spin resulting in...
Zeelicious Zucchini Fritters
2 c. shredded zucchini
1/3 c. corn meal
1/4 c. flour
4 cloves garlic (finely diced)
1 medium onion (diced)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 T finely chopped fresh basil
1 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
3. After you shred your zucchini, put it in a colander and press the water out. Dump it in a bowl.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until it resembles batter. You're probably going to think you didn't use enough liquid. Give it a minute. It'll get there.
5. Scoop onto cookie sheet. (I used an ice cream scoop and pressed the centers down.)
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden.
The original recipe suggested putting them under the broiler for a minute or so to brown the tops. My broiler is currently holding my cookie sheets, cupcake pans, and baking stone. So I just flipped them and let them cook another five minutes.
Serve with Ranch, marinara, or eat plain. They were divine.
This recipe makes six large fritters. Two were more than enough for me. And if you're doing Weight Watchers, each fritter was only 2 PointsPlus.